September 2009 | English | ISBN-13: 978-0-470-43131-3 | 915 Pages |
Everything you need to set up and maintain large or small networks
-Create a secure network for home or enterprise
-Learn basic building blocks and standards
-Set up for broadcasting, streaming, and more
-The book you need to succeed!
-Your A-Z guide to networking essentials
Whether you're setting up a global infrastructure or just networking two computers at home, understanding of every part of the process is crucial to the ultimate success of your system. This comprehensive book is your complete, step-by-step guide tonetworking —from different architectures and hardware to security, diagnostics, Web services, and much more. Packed with practical, professional techniques and the very latest information, this is the go-to resource you need to succeed.
* Demystify the basics: network stacks, bus architectures, mapping, and bandwidth
* Get up to speed on servers, interfaces, routers, and other necessary hardware
* Explore LANs, WANs, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and other types of networks
* Set up domains, directory services, file services, caching, and mail protocols
* Enable broadcasting, multicasting, and streaming media
* Deploy VPNs, firewalls, encryption, and other security methods
* Perform diagnostics and troubleshoot your systems