This is a paperback book titled "Health and Healing" by Andrew Weil, M.D. Published by Houghton Mifflin, 1998. 296 pages, first paperback edition.
One of the strongest points made in this book is that "perfect health" is simply unattainable. We're all going to feel bad sometimes. Another is that the body eventually heals most of its injuries, illnesses, and infections--up to 90 percent of them, by some estimates. But it's the other 10 percent that raise havoc. Weil, trained as a medical doctor, believes that conventional medicine is great at handling trauma and sudden, life-threatening conditions like heart attacks, but it's less good at dealing with chronic conditions like arthritis. Health and Healing examines the strengths and weaknesses of both conventional and alternative medicine, and offers a roadmap to determine which is best for what ails you.
The book is in good condition with light edge wear and some bumping. Inside the pages are tight with light tanning. There are no binding creases.
For more gently used books and items please visit our store (click on view store or our store name above) www.terrysgentlyused.ecrater.com. Thanks for looking.