This item is a rare and vintage N.B., Copenhagen & PNC Potomac News Company publication titled HELLENIC SUN No.1. This magazine was produced in 1965 using glossy stock paper and it is still in UNREAD condition. This item has been in storage for over 50 years!
“Imported from Denmark and seized in customs, this magazine was never sold in the United States. Marketed as an international sunbathing and nature living monthly magazine but the government, based on evidence that it was, "dominantly and essentially a picture book of nude men, and that it is designed for and would be primarily disseminated to a clearly defined deviant group, namely, male homosexuals. ”
Cool Hints For Hot Days
1. An early morning swim is a refreshing way to start the day. So is a lukewarm bath or shower first thing in the morning and before your evening date. Blot away any moisture, and spray lightly with cologne.
2. From time to time, hold your wrists under running water and try the same treatment for your ankles if they tend to become swollen in the heat.
3. If hands or feet are at all clammy, freshen them with a touch of antiperspirant or frozen cologne followed by a dusting of talcum powder.
4. Feet hot and tired? Try a cooling aerosol, they really do make an enormous difference.
5. Always choose lightweight clothes (when it is really necessary to wear them at all) in pastel shades - never wear anything tight or restricting.
6. Wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect face and neck from the hot sun.
7. Dark glasses should always be worn to shield eyes from the glare of the sun.
Sunbathing without them can make eyes very sore indeed. It is well worth paying extra cash for a quality pair and the clip-on type are excellent to wear with normal spectacles. It is possible - and I would recommend it - to have special tinted spectacles made incorporating your normal lenses with a special blue-mauve filter to protect your eyes from very bright lights or sunshine."
Due to recent delivery issues with the USPS I now ship all items via Priority Mail. $100 of insurance is included in this price. I’m selling my collection of vintage 1960-1980s gay pulp paperback novels, pictorial & hardcore magazines, physique photography, magazines & artwork.