Title: Nicholas Carter – 8 New Magnet Library Detective Novels - Softcovers
Author: Nicholas Carter
Categories: Books Fiction & Literature Mystery
Publication Information: Street And Smith Publishers, New York. 1 & 2 (1914), 3 & 4 (1915), 5 (1899), 6 (1891), 7 (1906), 8 (1918). Dates are on the copyright page. New Magnet Library volumes.
Additional Information: Each book has from 183 pages – 319 pages plus some book ads.
Titles & Condition: Nick Carter is a fictional character who began as a dime novel private detective in 1886 and has appeared in a variety of formats for than a century. The character was first conceived by Ormond G. Smith and created by John R. Coryell. Carter headlined his own magazine for years, and was then part of a long-running series of novels from 1964 to 1990.
All volumes are softcovers, worn with tanning of pages. Spine edges are worn with some missing pieces. All issues have some soiling to covers and some soiling inside. Issues are intact. Other flaws listed by title below:
1. The Soul Destroyer (NML #879) – lower right hand corner of cover and first 90 pages are missing or chipped.
2. A Crime in Paradise (NML #889) – covers starting to pull loose.
3. To the Ends of the Earth (NML #903) – upper right corners have little and some stains.
4. Scoundrels Rampant (NML #919) - covers starting to pull loose and have tears in seams, back cover has fold marks.
5. Tracked Across The Atlantic (NML #940) – covers have tears in seams so starting to come loose.
6. Caught in the Toils (NML #1004) - covers starting to pull loose, front cover has fold mark on right lower side and back cover has stain.
7. The Fatal Prescription (NML #1046) – Front cover coming loose, chipped at the top plus the first 4 pages are also chipped at top and a fold mark at the bottom left side. Back cover is completely loose from issue.
8. The Secret of the Marble Mantle (NML #1021). Front cover is completely loose from issue and missing a piece along the center edge on the right side. Back cover has tears along the seam so is very loose.
Shipping & Handling/Payment: Media mail with insurance, $11.00, USA (not negotiable). If insurance is not included in s&h charges, it is extra and recommended as Seller is not responsible for uninsured items. F.O.B. Miller, SD. Shipping with money orders or PayPal will be the next day Monday thru Thurs. Purchase payments arriving on Friday and Sat. will be shipped the following Monday. With Checks (US only) item held 10-12 days (no exceptions). Email invoice will be sent following purchase if paying with money order. Please acknowledge within three days and payment to be received within 10 days. SD residents add 6 1/2% sales tax. Multiple Purchases will be combined to save on Shipping and Handling Charges. Thanks for looking.
I Appreciate Your Business. To avoid any conflicts PLEASE be sure to READ all details about the item in the entire listing. If you have any questions in regards to the item please ask. No question is too trivial. Thank-You for checking out my item.
Whatnots Books & Etc (licensed used book store)
50,000 Books & Magazines for Sale. Specializing in South Dakota Books.