Description: The Outdoor Motion Sensor, PMS03, is a battery operated, RF Transmitter capable of sensing: Motion and Dusk/Dawn events. It
transmits an X10 Command to an X10 PRO RF Base Transceiver (PAT01) which then passes the X10 Command onto the AC wiring of the structure. This can be used to control X10 PRO Receiver Modules, i.e. - Light and Appliance Modules, ON/OFF. The X10 Command can also be used, as a trigger, to initiate Macros in the CM11A, ActiveHome Two-Way Computer Interface Module. This would allow for complex routines to be executed as soon as the PMS03 detects motion. The PMS03 can be used indoors as well.
2 - AAA Batteries, PAT01 - RF Base Transceiver Module
House Code Dial - Letters A-P, Default "A" Unit Number Dial - Numbers 1-16, Default "1"
Each X10 Receiver Module is set to a unique Unit Number or to an identical Unit Number as desired.
Each X10 Controller operating a specific set of Receiver Modules must be set to the same House Code as the Receivers they are controlling.
Nearly all residential homes are wired SPLIT-PHASE. Each 120V Phase is NOT directly connected with the other 120V phase. If after installation,
an X10 Receiver does not respond to a remote Controller, then check to ensure that the breaker serving the X10 Receiver is on the same phase as
the Controller. If not, the breaker can be changed to the opposite phase. An alternative solution is recommended, to install a Phase Coupler for
improving remote communications throughout the home. See www.x10pro.com, then select Technical Support and PLC Troubleshooting.
Setting up the PMS03:
1. Remove the battery cover on the front of the PMS03 and install two AAA alkaline batteries. Initially the PMS03 defaults to House Code "A" and
Unit Code "1" and defaults to See Motion, all the time (24hrs).
2. Plug-in an X10 PRO RF Base Transceiver (PAT01 - sold separately), set the House Code to "A".
3. Install or plug-in an X10 PRO Receiver Module, for Light Appliance control, and set the Receiver Module to House Code "A" / Unit Code "1".
Testing the PMS03:
1. Press the House button once, the PMS03 will transmit an RF X10 ON Command and the Red LED will flash.
2. Press the Unit button once, the PMS03 will transmit an RF X10 OFF Command and the Red LED will flash. (The default setting is "A1" ).
3. Place the Sensor on a shelf or mount it on a wall at least 6 feet above the ground and let it settle for at least 1 minute (default) with no motion