**** SOLD **** THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THANK YOU.
1960s American Edition by Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. Obvious signs of wears, tiny tears, blemishes, faint water stains, and discolorations on dustjacket with some clear tapes. The book is in Very Good condition. Tight spine. Front page (map) has some names written in pen. No informations on copyright, dates, or printing runs. A page contains some notes about this reprint. Some pages have a few tiny spots of food stains. Some dust residue/discoloration on paper edges (more noticeably the top section). No writings, creases, or bookmarks on pages. The pages are quite clean, no obvious yellow discolorations or fox marks. Very likely U.S. 2nd Edition, between 15th and 17th impression.
My camera will not capture the right color for the hardcover (so I did not include it here). The hardcovers are light green color, compared to the strong green on the dust jacket.
SOME ATTRIBUTES OF THIS BOOK
- 21cm tall
- Light green/cyan hardcovers
- Dark blue lettering of "THE HOBBIT" on front cover
- Inner front jacket has a price mark $3.95
- Eight Black & White Illustrations (does not have Mirkwood); p. 49, 68, 122, 131, 182, 201, 214, 312.
- "Houghton Mifflin Co" mark on book spine
- 315 numbered pages
- Some tiny alphabet called "signature marks" throughout the bottom pages (on right panel); e.g. on page 33 "B", page 41 "B*", page 73 "C*" etc.
- Full list of signature marks - (33B, 41B*, 73C*, 97D, 105D*, 129E, 137E*, 161F, 169F*, 193G, 225H, 233H*, 257I, 265I*, 289K, 297K*, 307*)
- Paper weight (23mm) is measured from the page (right after the front map) to the last story page 315
- Distance measured (42mm) on page 315 from the last sentence to the first sentence of advertisement
- Strange fonts "ab" still exist on page 315 of "learn a lot more about them"
SOME TYPOS-ERRORS IN THIS COPY
- p.25, "more fierce then fire"
- p.62, "uncomfortable palpitating"
- p.62, "their bruises their tempers and their hopes"
- p. 152, "nor what you called"