FAQ & Site Info
Terms of Service
1. Acceptance of Terms
This User Agreement is a legally binding agreement between you and eCRATER. If you do not agree to the Terms, do not access, browse or use the Website.
- 2.1 Access to the Site is provided to all users free of charge.
- 2.2 eCRATER, in its sole discretion, may terminate your license to use the Website if you have violated any of the policies and rules set out in this Agreement and for any reason without prior notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that eCRATER may immediately bar your further access to the Website. eCRATER will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access and/or use of the Website.
- 2.3 You must be at least 18 years old to buy on this Website. Individuals under the age of 18 must at all times use eCRATER's services only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age. In all cases, the adult is the user and is responsible for any and all activities.
- 2.4 You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. You are responsible for all applicable taxes.
- 2.5 You agree that eCRATER is not responsible or liable for any content, for example, data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links posted by you, other users, or outside parties on eCRATER. You use the eCRATER service at your own risk.
3. Transactions between Buyers and Sellers
- 3.1 Through the Site, eCRATER provides an electronic web-based platform for exchanging information between buyers and sellers of products and services. eCRATER does not represent the seller nor the buyer in specific transactions. As a result, eCRATER does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on its website or the ability of the sellers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
- 3.2 Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretences. eCRATER uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our users provide us when they register on the website. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, eCRATER cannot and does not confirm each user's purported identity.
- 3.3 Each user acknowledges that it is fully assuming the risks of purchase and sale transactions when using the Website to conduct transactions, such risks shall include, but are not limited to, mis-representation of products and services, fraudulent schemes, unsatisfactory quality, failure to meet specifications, defective products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost mis-calculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract and transportation accidents. Each User agrees that eCRATER shall not be liable or responsible for any damages that may arise a result of or in connection with any transaction risks.
4. Posting Information on eCRATER
- 4.1 You must be a Registered User in order to post information on the Website.
- 4.2 You must provide accurate and verifiable contact information when registering on the Website. You must keep your account information up to date and accurate at all times.
4.3 Basic requirements
- - All texts must be in English
- - All prices must be in US dollars and >= $0.2
- - The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States.
- - If paid through PayPal/Direct Credit Card Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced.
- - If you are using PayPal or Direct Credit Card Checkout, the accounts associated with these services must be active and normally working.
4.4 Content requirements
- - Do not include promotional or boilerplate text in your product titles and descriptions. All text should directly describe the product. Texts related to shipping, handling or store policies must not be included.
- - Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported and integrated by eCRATER.
- - Do not direct users to go to other sites to complete the transaction
- - Do not upload logo images or other generic images such as "image not available" images for your products.
- - Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed. The buyer should have the full cost upon checkout.
- - Listed products must be relevant, clear, accurate, and descriptive of the products offered.
4.5 What is not allowed to post?
- - Body parts & organs
- - Pirated materials and products
- - Copyrighted or trademark materials (images & texts)
- - Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)
- - Fake Documents
- - Illegal Goods and Services
- - Personal Information about another individual
- - Prescription drugs and products that require a prescription
- - Supplements, drugs, and items that the FDA has issued a warning or recall
- - Prostitution
- - Currency Exchanges
- - The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories or related stores)
- - Multiple listings of the same item are not allowed. Listing items in lots with a different price per item in lots is not allowed. Each item should be listed only once. The exception for this is that paying merchants are allowed a maximum of 5 lots per item.
- - Miscategorization - all items must be listed in an appropriate category
- - Meaningless title & description
- - Test items unless your store is put on-hold
- - Free items and items with prices that are not "real"
- - Items that are not for sale
- - Pre-order items
- - Firearms & ammunition, stun guns, bb guns, pellet guns, blowguns, dart guns and illegal knives
- - Firearm parts, stun gun parts, bb gun parts, and pellet gun parts
- - Tobacco, cigars for smoking, e-cigarettes, cartridges for e-cigarettes, e-liquid, other smoking-cessation devices, vaporizers and diffusers used for any type of smoking or oral inhalation, any smoking device or smoking related item (unless the item is a collectible item only)
- - Live animals
- - Items made from wild or exotic animal skins (even if farm raised) and taxidermy items of wild or exotic animals; including, but not limited to any animal endangered or threatened under the US Endangered Species Act
- - Items from drop ship service networks
- - Mod chips, mod chips accessories or other devices designed to circumvent copyright protection
- - Illegal drugs and drug accessories
- - Signal jammers or products that descramble cable and satellite signals
- - Coupons and vouchers (unless the item is a collectible item)
- - Listing for upgrades, to postage, for insurance, for shipping etc.
- - Listings for upgrades to another product
- - Falsified orders to create or generate false feedback. All orders must be placed by the actual buyer only
- - Setting minimum purchase requirements (for minimum quantity or amount)
- - Lottery tickets, fast-food game pieces, and codes and coupons for sweepstakes, raffles, or drawings offering chance to win something
5. Guidelines and Actions We May Take
- 5.1 All products uploaded with stock images may receive lower rank in eCRATER searches and categories in the main eCRATER marketplace. In addition only products from merchants who enabled PayPal, Stripe or both as payment option(s) are listed in the main marketplace. Merchants with past due amount of marketplace cost might not litsed in the main marketplace and in Google Shopping.
- 5.2 eCRATER reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any material displayed on the Website which it reasonably believes is unlawful, could subject eCRATER to liability, violates this Agreement or is otherwise found inappropriate in eCRATER's opinion. In connection with any of the foregoing, eCRATER may suspend or terminate the account of any user as eCRATER deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- 5.3 eCRATER reserves the right to ask you for additional information for verification purposes at any time. Such information might include: photo of ID, passport, utility bills, purchase receipts, tracking numbers or other proofs of shipment. If you receive such request from us, you must respond with the required information in the outlined time frame. If you fail to do so, eCRATER may suspend or terminate your account, including all related accounts that we find.
We do not release your personal information to third parties. However, eCRATER may disclose the User's identity and contact information, if we suspect that the seller created fraudulent store, or if requested by a government or law enforcement body, an injured third party, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, and eCRATER shall not be liable for damages or results thereof and User agrees not to bring any action or claim against eCRATER for such disclosure.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. eCRATER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, CONTENT, DATA, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THE WEBSITE OR THE UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS PROVIDED TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE.
8. Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT eCRATER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE.
9. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be interpreted and construed according to, and governed by, the laws of California, excluding any such laws that might direct the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Orange, California to resolve any legal matter arising from the terms.