Steinhausen Marquise Automatic Watch Gold # TW 391 G
More than 10 available
Shipping: US-Mainland: $5.95 (more destinations)
Sales Tax: California: 8.25%
Condition: Brand new
* Movement: mechanical automatic self winding; 21 jewels; doesn't use batteries and never needs winding; kinetically powered by body movement of wearer
* Case: 5 microns - 23K polished gold plated bezel and armatures; brushed finish sides
* Case back: 5 microns - 23K of polished gold, windowed, skeleton screw back
* Glass: high impact, scratch resistant mineral crystal
* Cabochon Crown: gold plated, ridged screw down pins with hand-cut sapphire gemstones
* Bracelet: interchangeable black and brown aniline dyed leather wristbands
* Clasps: gold plated hook clasp, rods, sprung pivots and lug straps accented with sapphire gemstones
* Dial: ivory enamel face with black roman numerals
* Calendar sub-dials: 3 calendar apertures display day, month, AM/PM with stars/sun graphic and 1 numerical month flip dial
* Hands: sweep second, minute and hour
* Water resistant: to 5ATM (50 meters)
* Watch case diameter 1.5" / Dial diameter 1.25" / Wristband 8.25" x .75"
* Timepiece weighs 1.06 oz.
* Watch box measures 8" x 3" x 5"
* Weighs 1 lb.
* Includes oak wood box with matte black finish and black felt lining, authenticity card with serial number, 2 leather wristbands, (black and brown) and commemorative Steinhausen pin.
Swiss inventor and architect Ulrich Van-Heusen was a master craftsman who dedicated himself to his trade. He lived in an era when only the wealthy could afford a timepiece. But in 1923, Van-Heusen completed his first automatic calendar watch - only one of seven he ever completed. It displayed not only the time, but also the date, day and month; and it was the first to designate the difference between AM and PM. Van-Heusen named his brand Steinhausen after the region in Switzerland from where his family came. He was steadfast in his belief that wristwatches, not the prevalent pocket watch, would eventually become an item people could not live without. And he was correct! The Great Depression almost eliminated handmade watches of this quality. One that remains today fetched $300,000 at auction. Wristwatches became the must-have item for people of all social strata, but the distinguished gentry continued to buy Steinhausen's handcrafted marvels.
Steinhausen continues its reputation of producing the finest workmanship and classy designs. And now, we are pleased to re-introduce the original Steinhausen model with stylish updates.
Like the original Steinhausen, each watch is painstakingly reproduced by hand from 185 genuine Swiss parts. Then it is so rigorously tested for two weeks that just six percent of movements made end up in a Steinhausen. Swiss automatic movement standards allow for an accuracy of +25/-27 seconds per day. Our Steinhausen watches rate +15/-13 seconds per day, making it more accurate. The Limited Edition Marquise follows the tradition of displaying the day, date, month, and moon and stars depicting day and night. The sweeping second-hand movement, brushed and polished stainless steel, and ivory face with Roman numerals is included, too. However, we have added hand-cut precious sapphire gemstones from Vietnam to the buttons to add a rich luster, 35 jeweled stones inside to aid movement and accuracy; and interchangeable brown and black leather wristbands to match whatever clothes you're wearing. It comes in a handsome felt-lined wood box, along with a card certifying its authenticity.
Try the Marquise for a month. If you are dissatisfied with the beauty and accuracy, or if you aren't receiving compliments from people, return it. We'll refund your money. Steinhausens are must-haves among Japanese and European collectors. These fine pieces of art are only found in luxury boutiques and through Steinhausenonline.com. Don't purchase a Steinhausen anywhere else, for you will be buying an imitation. The value of the Marquise is sure to increase over time - not just monetarily but also in the amount of attention you'll receive. Until now, most of us couldn't afford a timepiece of such masterful style and quality. Be the first to wear this remarkable new addition to the world-famous Steinhausen line.