The built-in color map of North America makes it easy to view roads, rivers, waterways, greenways, city centers, airports and other major points of interest. Save 5 track logs, 20 routes and 500 points of interest to the 8 MB available internal memory. Store an unlimited amount of data on your own SD cards.
The Magellan Geocache Manager enables you to download coordinates from the Internet directly to your eXplorist 500 and the PC-style file system makes it easy to manage all your data.
Easily add detailed MapSend maps for topographic or marine navigation and turn-by-turn street guidance.
Intelligently designed for comfortable right or left handed use, the clearly marked keypad provides one-touch access to all your most important features. Joystick controller makes scrolling the simple menus fun and easy. The large color display is easy-to-read day or night. Customizable navigation screens show your location, speed, direction, and distance to destination and more, just the way you want it.
Slip your compact (2.2 in x 4.7 in) eXplorist into your pocket and let it guide you on every outdoor adventure. Magellan TrueFixTM technology provides superior accuracy and reliability, giving you the freedom to explore without concern of getting lost.
Your eXplorist 500 is lightweight and pocket-sized so you can take it with you everywhere.
The eXplorist 500LE does not include a Li-ion battery or AC adapter but offers all the great GPS features and functions of the eXplorist 500 for a lower price. Runs on 3 AAA batteries (not included).
* Color screen - 16-color screen makes it easy to read maps and information in all lighting conditions
* Built-in maps - North American or European basemap shows major roads, parks, waterways and many points of interest
* SD-card expandability - Add unlimited MapSend topographic maps or turn-by-turn street routing
* Simple file system - Save, organize and access all your stored data with ease
* USB data port - Manage maps and waypoints and download coordinates from your PC
* TrueFix technology - Reliable accuracy to within 3 meters
* Area calculation - Instantly see the distance and area between any geographic points
* Vertical profile - View graphical elevation changes for where you've been or where you're going
* Geocache Manager - PC application to download and organize coordinates from the Internet
* Track logging - Store 5 track files with 2000 points each and an unlimited number on your own SD cards
* Four navigation screens - Map, Compass, Locator and Satellite Status deliver easy-to-use information
* Advanced power management - Three (3) AAA batteries or optional Li-ion ion battery (not included)
* Rugged construction - Encased in rubber armored, impact resistant plastic
* Water resistant - Don't worry about getting it wet
* Languages - Choose English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Portuguese, Dutch or Norwegian.
* No service fees - Ready to use with no activation required
* Full Warranty - One-year in North America