From the stovetop and oven, to its elegant table presentation, the Lodge Enamal dutch oven provides superior cooking performance, versatility, and unparalleled style. When you're finished with your meal simply store your food in the refrigerator or freezer without any concern about food reacting to the porcelain enamel surface. The enamel coating eliminates the need to "season" the cast iron and creates a non-reactive surface that can be used for cooking as well as marinating, refrigerating or freezing. Can be used on electric, gas and induction cooktops on low to medium temperatures. It can also be used in gas, electric or convection ovens below 500 degrees. Although dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended for preserving the appearance of the enamel. Dutch ovens are considered the original slow cooker and have been a kitchen staple in American homes for more than two centuries.
- > Porcelain enamel cast iron with 304 stainless lid handle and stainless accents.
- > Superior heat distribution and retention
- > Tight-fitting lid helps retain moisture
- > Measures 11-3/4 by 11-1/2 by 5 inches
- > 5 quart Capacity
- > Enamel surface eliminates the need to "season"
- > Self basting lid, grip handles
- > Can be used on gas, electric and ceramic cooktops