Aithihasik, historic or antique is the legend of all khukuris that has a proud historic significance. It resembles the original version in style, shape and size issued to the Gorkhali Army in the 18th century. This Army is the first ever known and documented Arm Force of Nepal that was started by King Prithivi Narayan Shah from Gorkha who went to war with a mission to unite all scattered kingdoms into one. The strong military force armed with khukuris, spears, swords and few pump guns conquered all kingdoms and were united as one nation in 1768 AD, which later became Nepal. The Gorkhali Army not only united Nepal but also prevented the British from invading the country who had already taken over India then. The khukuri played such a vital role and King Prithivi was so impressed that later he named some of his regiments after its name like the Narasingha Khukuri Brigade, Kaalbhairab 1st Khukuri Brigade. The glory of Khukuri and Gurkha actually started from this era.
- This khukuri has unpolished blade to resemble the authencity of the originals.
- Also designed as a typical jungle utility knife like a machete.
- Has a unique distinct stronger handle where the metal of the blade in the handle area is flat, not narrow and pointed as in other knives. The blade is therefore visible all around the handle.
- Handle is joined strongly to the blade with metal rivets that can also be seen at the sides.
- A pouch is made at the back portion of the scabbard to store gunpowder or sometimes flint stones to ignite fire.
- The blade is more curved and longer than the current standard issue.
THESE ENTIRE FEATURES MAKE AITHIHASIK, A TRUE REPLICA OF THE ORIGINAL KHUKURI USED BY GORKHALI SAINIK.
Materials: water buffalo leather scabbard, full tang rivets rosewood handle, 2 x small knives, 1 x storing leather pouch, 1 x extra pocket
Origin: Dharan (Eastern Nepal)