Most people who come across self-fusing, silicone rubber tape think of it as a new product, but nothing could be further from the truth. State and municipal utilities have been using it in electrical applications for years. At one time the military was the primary purchaser of this product. It was through their experiences that the incredible versatility of this product was discovered. When we say that it has been field tested in the harshest of conditions, harshest is exactly what we mean. Think about it: do you know of any tape that has been used for anything from wrapping a baseball bat handle on up to, and including, wrapping pipes that carry radioactive wastes?
* manufactured from a specially formulated silicone rubber.
* has a self-bonding/non-adhesive characteristic that fuses to itself within 24 hours, leaving no mastic residue if removed.
* is capable of resisting temperatures of -65 to +500 Fahrenheit and can be applied in various "extreme temperature" applications.
* has 300% elongation, stretches to form fit virtually any odd shape, and will not crack or unravel during expansion or contraction.
* is not only salt-water resistant, but can actually be applied underwater.
* has a dielectric strength of up to 400 VPM, making it an excellent insulator.