Given the development objectives of African states, what are the obstacles that stand in the way of the achievement of these objectives? This question describes the concept of constraint, which informs the approach of this collection of essays to an evalutation of the state of political , social, and economic development in the new nations of Africa..
* TITLE: The State of the Nations, Constraints on Development in Indepenedent Africa
* AUTHOR: Edited by Michael f. Lofchie
* PUBLISHER: University of California
* COPYRIGHT: 1973
* FORMAT: Paperback
* GENRE: SPolitical Science, Africa
* PAGES: 305
* CONDITION: Nearly new. Only minor wear on edges and a little dirt on back cover. The spine is not creased. The binding is tight and intact. The pages are crisp and clean.