From the inside cover of the first issue:
"Hidden in the Coastal Mountains of Southwest Washington State is an obscure town far from Interstate 5, far from the sphere of influence of a major metropolitan region. Welcome to Bezango, Washington. Allow me to introduce you to a few of our citizens."
This is a series of short, interconnected stories by Steve Willis (Morty the Dog, Cranium Frenzy) about the peculiar citizens of this town. It's somewhat reminiscent of Garrison Keillor's "Lake Wobegone" stories and the type of stories you might hear on NPR but with a quirkier edge than either of those. Whimsical and entertaining, I've personally enjoyed each issue.
Please note that this isn't comics but many illustrations are included, all utilizing the unique process through which the cover illustrations were created.
Originally published in 2002, this copy is from a special edition with a print run of only five copies produced in 2005 by the author.
- 5½ × 8½"
- 20 pages, cardstock cover
- condition is excellent, complete and intact, no tears or markings
- signed by Steve Willis
• NORTH AMERICA: For most orders, shipping within North America is a maximum of $4.99 regardless of package size. If necessary, I will adjust the shipping cost before you pay or issue a partial refund after you pay.
• INTERNATIONAL: For most orders, shipping outside of North America is a flat rate of $12.99. If necessary, I will adjust the shipping cost before you pay or issue a partial refund after you pay.
• If you should have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.