This was an amazing jam comics project organized by Brad W. Foster with a really impressive line-up of contributors from the realms of underground comix, newave comix and beyond. Each artist contributed one page which built upon and furthered the pages completed before them. Unfortunately, it only lasted three issues (but three good issues). Still, I suppose there's hope for a return to this project at some point.
Contributors in this issue:
• Brad W. Foster (Goodies, Mechthings)
• Jim Ryan (Anarchaos, Bug Out)
• David Miller (No More Bottled Milk, Bob Goblin)
• Par Holman (Noo Toons)
• John Cosgriff (Modern Economics)
• Steve Lafler (Dog Boy, Bughouse)
• Rick McCollum (Horde, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
• Mark Heike (Femforce)
• Rich Larson (Whisper)
• Joan Hanke-Woods
• Eric Vincent (Cerberus, Alien Fire)
• Kenneth Huey / Douglas Vencill
• Jim Siergey (Orange Blues, Nart)
• Tim Boxell
• Cliff Neal AKA Oisif Egaux (Dr. Wirtham's Comix & Stories)
• John Howard (Sacker, Horny Biker Slut)
• Jeanne Gomoll
• George Erling (Instant Comix 'n Drawings, Yikes)
• Walter Rodgers (Just Another 8-Page Wonder)
• cat yronwode (Fit to Print, Eclipse Comics)
• Steven Fox (Stuff)
• Trina Robbins (Wimmen's Comix)
• Jim Thompson (Moat City)
• Greg High
• Rick Geary (Real Assassin Thrills, This New Age)
• Marc Schirmeister (Rowrbrazzle)
• Doug Potter (Denizens of Deep City)
• George Proctor
The main character is a guy named Mark Simmons (the bearded fellow on the cover), who looks strikingly similar to Brad Foster. Other characters making appearances include Gregor Samsa, a living blow-up doll, Franz Kafka and cockroach-y versions of Moe Howard (Three Stooges) and Laurel & Hardy. Good stuff!
Specs: 5½ × 8½", 32 pages, color covers. Published by Jabberwocky Graphix, 1983.
Condition: Some wear at edges, couple other dings, complete and intact, no tears or markings.
• Shipping within North America is always a flat rate of $4.99 regardless of the number of items! For Canada it's $5.99!
• International customers are always welcome. Please contact me with a list of the items you want and I'll send an invoice for the total with shipping.
• Other info may be found in the Poopsheet Shop FAQ.
• If you should have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com.
Thanks for visiting the Poopsheet Shop! For more great items like this navigate on over to http://poopsheetshop.com
[minicomic, minicomics, minicomix, mini-comic, mini-comics, mini-comix, small press comics, underground comix, UG comix, newave comix, self-published]