Just in case you need some help, here's a useful cookbook titled...
Betty Crocker's Living with Cancer Cookbook: Easy Recipes and Tips through Treatment and Beyond
This hard cover book is in very good condition with just a little wear to the dust jacket from reading and re-shelving. INSIDE the pages are at least 99% free of any marks, stains or writing---I couldn't find anything.
In Betty Crocker's Living with Cancer Cookbook doctors Kris Ghosh and Linda Carson along with Elyse Cohen begin with a discussion of the disease and how to cope then outline and identify dietary considerations. A q&a section answers patients' common questions, such as "Why am I too tired to eat?" and is followed by such soothing recipes as Berry-Banana Smoothie. Each dish in the main section, many from patients, includes nutritional and fiber information and is color-coded to indicate which side-effects it helps. One important tip is that extra flavor helps to stimulate the appetite and mask unpleasant tastes from radiation and chemotherapy. Pasta with Chicken in Chili Sauce and Savory Scallops and Shrimp are among the temptations anyone might enjoy.
Good nutrition is vital to people undergoing cancer treatment, yet treatment side effects can make eating seem unappealing. Now Betty Crocker, two oncologists, and a nutritionist bring back the joy of eating topeople undergoing cancer treatment with delicious recipes that are nutritious and easy to make. A thoughtful, practical gift for patients and families coping with cancer, the book includes:
* 130 recipes, from breakfasts and snacks to dinners and desserts, like Extra-Easy Baked Ziti, Fettuccine with Asparagus and Mushrooms and Country Blueberry Cobbler
* Advice from cancer patients, from coping with the emotional roller coaster to making recipes more appealing
* Recipes tagged to show which are helpful for the most common side effects of cancer treatment, plus special diet menus to help with them
* "Q and A" between Dr. Ghosh and cancer patients about how to handle the effects of cancer treatment
* An easy 7-day menu plan based on eating small meals six times a day -- just right for patients in treatment
* Cancer resource guide, nutrition and medical glossary
"This book will be of great assistance to patients and families undergoing cancer treatment. It is a creative guide to the use of pleasant and easy menus to help alleviate difficult, commonly experienced side effects."
REMEMBER----cookbooks are mailed via media rate mail to give you the best deal on shipping. The down side is that media rate mail can take up to three weeks for delivery!
If you want an upgrade, please let me know before you check out....and take a minute to read my FAQ for more details on my JUST ASK store!