This book is nearly new with no noticeable signs of wear. I found it to be very helpful for me as a new mom.
I have many other books for auction that are in good condition. I will be more than happy to combine shipping in one package.
Additional Information about The American Academy of Pediatrics New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding
Portions of this page Copyright 1995 - 2008 Muze Inc. All rights reserved.
This informative guide to breastfeeding from the American Academy of Pediatrics provides researched and succinct answers to every parent's questions about breastfeeding. Illustrations accompany the text.
Editor: American Academy of Pediatrics, Joan Younger Meek, Sherill Tippins
Length: 258 pages
Height: 8.3 in.
Width: 5.3 in.
Thickness: 0.8 in.
Weight: 9.6 oz.
The Breastfeeding Book Your Doctor Recommends
Why is breastfeeding best for my baby? Will I like it? What if it hurts? What happens when my maternity leave is over? Will I be able to use a breast pump? How can I make this work?
The American Academy of Pediatrics, the organization that represents the nation’s finest pediatricians, answers these questions and many more in this invaluable resource to help you and your baby get the healthiest possible start. The benefits of breastfeeding will last a lifetime, for both you and your baby.
Here is everything new mothers need to know about breastfeeding. From preparing for the first feeding to adjusting to home, family, and work life as a nursing mother, this comprehensive resource covers:
• Preparing for breastfeeding before your baby is born
• Breastfeeding benefits for mothers and babies, including the most recent neurological, psychological, and immunological research showing why breastfeeding enhances your infant’s immune system and protects against many common illnesses
• Establishing a nursing routine and what to do when you return to work
• The father’s role and creating a postpartum support network
• Handling special situations, from C-sections to premature births
• Breastfeeding beyond infancy
• Weaning your baby
• Solutions to common breastfeeding challenges
• And much more
Mothers everywhere will find this book an indispensable guide to one of life’s most important decisions.