* These amazing papier mache bowls are made from paper labels from sardine cans
* Made by Wola Nani an organization dedicated to easing the burden of HIV South Africa
* A fun and unique decorative piece will brighten any home or office areas
* Sturdy and durable and make great fruit bowls; can be wiped clean
* Measures 10.5" diameter by 5.5" deep
Wola Nani, Xhosa for "we embrace and develop one another", was established in 1994 as a non-profit organization to help bring relief to the communities hardest hit by the HIV crisis in South Africa. Wola Nani initiated programs to help HIV+ people in the local community cope with the emotional and financial strains brought about by HIV and AIDS. Wola Nani Crafts emerged in response to the need for unemployed, HIV-positive women to generate an income. Through a developmental, self help approach the members have been enabled to take greater control of their lives and achieve a better quality of life. The crafts are made by the women themselves and also by caregivers of AIDS patients. A portion of the money from the sale of this item goes to the "Women with Aids Project"