The commonly called (yet wildly misnomered) "junk" silver coins consist of pre-1965 US Half Dollars, Quarters and Dimes, which have a 90% silver content (the remaining 10% being copper).
In this starter set you will receive pre - 1965 silver coins totaling $1.05 in face value, consisting of 1 Franklin Half Dollar, 1 Washington Quarter, and 3 Dimes, either Mercury or Roosevelt (coins will be in circulated condition, years will be our choice).
You will also receive a Pre-1965 US Silver Coin Value Quick-Reference Card. On the back, it lists the actual silver weight for pre-1965 Dimes, Quarters, and Half Dollars, along with the coins value for for silver prices ranging from $30 to $95.
On it's obverse, we have a detail from the $1 "Education" Silver Certificate of 1896: History Instructing Youth. Quite appropriate considering our current monetary situation.
The card is a standard plastic 3 3/8" by 2 1/8", the same size, thickness, and stiffness as a credit card. Its a great quick reference.
So there you have it. This is a great holiday gift for a novice coin collector or silver accumulator, or a great addition to an already established pile. And its more than 3/4's of an ounce of silver!