Intended for more aggressive riding, the low-profile, long cage, Shadow rear derailleur offers more ground clearance with no chainstay contact. Preferred by traditional and gravity riders for precision upshifting and emergency downshifting.
Low-profile, top-normal design offers crisp, clean, derailleur-controlled shifts to hard gears, allowing excellent shifting under heavy load and acceleration - particularly with RapidFire shifters
In high gear, the derailleur has a profile that is a full 12mm less than a traditional rear derailleur and barely protrudes past the quick release nut to give you extra protection.
• Direct cable routing uses less cable, so it's lighter, shifts faster and reduces the chance of getting caught up on roots and rocks.
• Derailleur body with a stronger spring provides snappy shifting, more stability and less bounce in rough terrain.
• Redesigned bracket axle prevents the derailleur body from contacting the chainstay for smooth, silent performance.
• Super Wide Link design increases torsional rigidity while providing more responsive shifting
11T sealed bearing pulleys run quieter and spin smoother for long-lasting performance
• Four fluorine coated link pivot pins minimize friction and increase shifting response.
• Cold forged aluminum body with carbon plates improve accuracy, reduce weight and increase torsional stiffness.
• Long cage design gives you a wider gear range
Shimano XTR RD-M972-SGS Shadow Rear Derailleur